Monday, April 16, 2012

Stormy Monday Sundae

I never buy the container of Coconut Bliss that I lovingly hold at the store, despite my best efforts to convince myself that there will be a time when I "need" a pint of happiness. Upon putting it back on the shelf I always tell myself that I'll "thank" myself later.


Well today I did the complete opposite! I cursed and screamed, while jumping up and down like a two year old, as I looked into my freezer this evening.  I had a wicked day at the office, which was about to be compounded by another stack of work at home, and all I wanted was a nice mug of frozen joy to help me feel sorry for myself. Too bad I killed that dream on the weekend while strolling the aisles of Bamboo Natural Food Market and once again after a great inner struggle, I left the pint waiting to tease the next unsuspecting saturday shopper.   Enter the "Stormy Monday" Sundae. I feel it did a fantastic job of doing the trick and saved me a mountain of calories in the process.


"Stormy Monday" Sundae

A quick and easy dessert, breakfast, or snack, that is packed 
with yummy superfoods.
Guaranteed to help beat any bad day!


1 personal sized serving of peach Amande Yogurt
1 handful raw sunflower seeds
1 handful of raw almonds
1 handful of goji berries
1 handful of dried mulberries

Mix.
Enjoy! 

The Allman Brothers included a live version of T-Bone Walker's "Call It Stormy Monday" on their 1971 album , entitled "Stormy Monday".  I use to swear up and down that I wasn't an Allman Brothers fan - that was until I heard this record.  And actually, as I sit cross legged on my bed, with a solid warm spring breeze blowing through my window, this sundae in my belly, and this song playing in my ear, I'm starting to feel my day melt away.  The blues always have a way of making me feel better.  I suppose I relate to all that passion.



I hope your Monday was better than mine, and that your Tuesday isn't bad either ;)


Peace and Love,


JorDanna

No comments:

Post a Comment